NOTICE: Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) precautions in place, and in an effort to limit public exposure to the contagion, the White Lake Twp. Police Records Department is suspending all non-emergency public services until further notice, including fingerprinting. Court-ordered fingerprinting will still be available. In order to obtain records and make payments, please use the following resources:
- ACCIDENT REPORTS can be purchased on the CLEMIS website at https://payments.clemis.org/extservices
- TRAFFIC TICKETS can be paid by contacting the district court in which the ticket was issued. The 52-2nd District Court’s tickets can be paid online at the address: https://courts.oakgov.com/OakEtix/Index.aspx
- FOIA REQUESTS can be obtained by sending a request to the following email address: email@example.com or by leaving a voicemail message at 248-698-3353.
- FIREARMS PURCHASE LICENSES – Will be done by appointment only. Please leave a voicemail message at 248-698-3353 to schedule your appointment.
- PISTOL SALES RECORDS – Any Pistol Sales Records can be mailed to or dropped off at the White Lake Twp. Police Department, 7525 Highland Rd., White Lake, Michigan 48383.
If you have any questions, please call 248-698-3353. Our fax is 248-698-4494.
Records Department Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
The White Lake Township Police Department gathers information during crime prevention, intervention and investigation.
Records staff responsibilities include data entry of warrants and subpoenas, crime analysis report preparation, and submission of statistics to the State Bureau of Investigation.For More Information:
Records Bureau Hours
Monday through Friday 7:00am to 5:30pm
Reports - Ten cents per page
Notary Service - NO CHARGE
Purchase Permit - NO CHARGE
Clearance Letter - $10
Monday - CLOSED
Tuesday - 7:00am to 5:00pm
Wednesday - 7:00am to 5:00pm
Thursday - 7:00am to 5:00pm
Friday - 7:00am to 5:00pm
Purchase Permits must be obtained personally at the Records Department
Photo ID is REQUIRED. Generally background checks take about 30 minutes to complete. After purchasing your firearm your SIGNED permit can be dropped off at the Dispatch Window ANY TIME of the day.
Public Notice of Intent to Dispose of Firearms
Pursuant to the Michigan State Law, MCL 28.434 and MCL 750.239, the White Lake Township Police Department gives public notice of its intent to dispose of the weapons listed below. These weapons will be disposed of in accordance with Michigan State Law no sooner than 30 days after the initial posting of this notice.
If any person believes they are the lawful owner of any of the listed items, they will need to contact Records Secretary Kidle at the White Lake Township Police Department at 248-698-3353 on or before April 25, 2020. Documentation of proof of ownership will be required to claim the weapon listed. In addition to your ownership claim, you must be authorized to possess firearms.
Remington Woodmaster 742 Serial #18145
Mossberg 12GA Pump Action Serial # P441753
Remington Topper Model 58 Serial # AM288892
Marlin 30-30 Serial # 24046206
Savage Arms Model 887 Serial # 0746507
Benelli Heckler & Koch 121 SL 80 Serial # 180530
S.S. Kresge 151 Serial # 683380
Iver Johnson 12GA Serial # 75274
Colt Trooper MK III Serial # J44670
Ruger .44 Carbine Serial # 100-27690
12 GA Shotgun Serial # L1744837
Remington 1100 Serial # L565464V
Marlin Model 60 Serial # 02195176
Winchester Ranger 30-30 Serial # 6307081